[recruitment process has completed]
Help us speed up the drug discovery process!
As is now self-evident due to the on-going pandemic, the drug discovery process is too slow. One of the key roadblocks lies in synthesis planning — designing how to make a molecule selected as a potential drug candidate.
Molecule.one is on a mission to speed up the drug discovery process by rapidly designing reliable synthesis pathways using artificial intelligence. In other words, we tell chemists how to make molecules they want to make.
Our product is already used by the first customers from the pharmaceutical and biotech industry. To learn more about the technology, please listen to our Warsaw.ai presentation for a high-level overview, or check out one of our papers for a deeper dive into our research. You may also read about us in TechCrunch or Forbes (in Polish).
If you want to join a world-class team in applying state of the art technology to make the drug discovery process faster, this offer is for you.
What will you contribute?
As a machine learning engineer intern, your responsibilities will include:
- Designing and implementing state-of-the-art machine learning and artificial intelligence solutions
- Following relevant literature
- Writing research papers and working in scientific collaborations
What technology will you work with?
In analogy to AlphaGo, we find the synthesis plan using a search algorithm coupled with state-of-the-art deep neural networks for predicting outcomes of chemical reactions. We use artificial intelligence and deep learning in a novel application area, which requires integrating many perspectives and designing novel solutions.
What team will you be joining?
You will be reporting to Stanisław Jastrzębski, our Chief Scientific Officer, and work along with our machine learning team.
- Understanding of foundations of machine learning and deep learning
- Strong programming skills (including but not limited to versioning control system, testing, design)
- Knowledge of algorithms, statistics, linear algebra
- Problem identification, problem solving, critical thinking, independence in designing solutions
- Ability to work in a team in a fast paced environment (including but not limited to agile methodologies)
- Willingness and ability to quickly grasp new concepts in organic chemistry, drug discovery, and artificial intelligence
- Communicative English (B2)
Nice to have
- Additional background in chemistry or biology
- Experience in research (for example research thesis, blog posts)
- Knowledge of technologies such as AWS, Docker
- Salary 4 000 - 7 000 netto depending on experience
- Flexible duration (at least 4 months)
- Possibility of remote work (with regular in-person meeting after the pandemic)
- Office in Warsaw in the city center
- Funding for conferences and workshops
- Opportunity to publish and present your work at top venues
- Great colleagues
- The working gear that you choose
Would you like to make the drug discovery process faster with us? Please reach out with your CV and any other materials (github, papers, blog, etc) to [email protected]